Wednesday, May 12, 2010

She Walks By

I was waking up maybe about five-forty three in the morning. I went to open the front door to dump the morning trash and as I was coming back after dumping I noticed this beautiful young attractive woman walking to her car getting ready for work. She was about five feet eight inches tall and had long brunette hair down her back but such a stunning sight to witness as my knees began to crumble from under me. As she was having a conversation on her cell phone I saw she had a gorgeous smile that can melt any man’s heart away. Its’ like if this woman just suddenly fell from a paradise world in the heavens and I was its first witness to see her arrival. I wanted to say something but it was in the morning, I was tired, and I have a weakness for beautiful women. Anyway I did not see her again until later that day when I was scoping out her arrival through the window. I guess you can say afterwards I kept a very close eye on her.

I was only able to catch her once that morning but I made sure that I would see her again and find out who she is. So I started waiting by the window everyday at six o’ clock. In two weeks I figured out her pattern that she comes home in the evening at six-thirty. Two weeks by the window just trying to figure out the best opportunity to talk to her. It wasn’t easy either. Most of the times coming home from work I would fall asleep and wake up late at night missing her at every turn. I never in my life sat in front of a window making timing preparations for a scheduled meeting. I was single for a very long time so I figured “what the hell?!”

I must’ve waited for three months before I worked up the courage to say
something to her. But I felt good about myself after it was over. Just watching her go by was entertaining enough. Outside the window from what I noticed she was friendly, warm hearted, sounded sweet like a girly girl, and independent. Great qualities in a woman. So did I finally meet her after three months of watching her behind the window? Indeed and it was nice. Although I was sincere when I ended our conversation where it began.

“Well congratulations Natalie, and make sure your fiancĂ©e
knows he is a very lucky man”. Damn lucky!

It may not have gone the way I wanted but I really felt pleased with myself that I tried and survived. Pretty much carrying around a fear of rejection and loneliness is what stops me. I tried saying hello before but nothing positive ever entered my personal life so I stopped trying for five years and now. That moment when I finally said hello and was rejected it felt different. I did not feel humiliated or embarrassed that I lost. I didn’t have to feel as the loneliest loser in the world. Rejection isn’t something you should dwell upon over time. It is a part of life. If you don’t learn to move on life will go on without you. It will be like years pass in seconds as you sit in a chair and watch from behind a window. So in the end it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment